Machio Naruzo (街雄 鳴造, Machio Naruzō; "Naruzo Machio") is a bodybuilder and personal trainer at Silverman Gym who regularly coaches the main characters from Koyo Girl's Academy and one of the series protagonists.
Machio is a tall man of fair complexion. He has messy short black hair, blue eyes, and a very handsome profile. He is most commonly seen wearing a blue and white tracksuit. Although he normally appears to be slender or average frame, he is in fact very muscular. Once flexing, he reveals such a deceptively large, bulky and well-defined physique, which is a complete contrast to his babyface, that he literally rips apart his clothing as he bulges out until all he is left wearing are his Speedos.
Machio is by nature a very kind and helpful man who is dedicated to helping the members of the Silverman Gym better themselves. When Hibiki asked him if he would laugh at her after she is barely able to complete three sets of bench presses, he answers that he cannot laugh at someone trying their best. He is noted to have a charming personality and he is very knowledgeable about bodybuilding and exercise.
Machio's running gag involves him flexing while posing where he bursts out of his clothing to reveal his well-built body. So fixated on physical fitness and his own physique, he looks for almost any excuse to show off, as even words that remind him of his muscles compel him to flex. He appears to be oblivious to how much his body freaks people out and apparently has no shame about being almost naked in public. On one occasion, it was shown that he would board a plane in only his Speedos if they let him.
Little is known about Machio's past, but, it is known that he has been incredibly buff since high school. He was also apparently a member of the American football team. After graduating high school, he went to a university in the USA to study sports theory; after encountering bodybuilding there, he studied under Harnnold Dogegenchonegger.
On their introductory session, he aided Hibiki and Akemi in bench pressing. He then shows off his physique for the first time.
As his physique would imply, his strength is leagues above the average human, able to easily crush a hand grip that only 100 people in the world could close with a single hand. By his own account, he was only strong enough to bench 100kg and bicep curl 50kg dumbbells when he was just starting out.
His muscles are so developed that he is able to effortlessly tear through his clothes simply by flexing; his muscular control is so great, he is able to selectively choose which parts of his body bulge through his clothes. Machio has achieved divine muscle mastery and gives off overwhelming machismo, which he demonstrated at the Harnnold Classic tournament when he overwhelmed all other competitors with a single pose, as he displayed his figuratively (and arguably literally) godly physique.
Machio is a qualified kannushi and is the head priest of Masura Shrine. His pectoralis major twitches when there is a spiritual disturbance and he is able to purify spirits by performing "exercisms".
- Sakura Hibiki: One of the students from Koyo Girl's Academy whom Machio coaches. Hibiki has a crush on him but he is oblivious to her infatuation towards him. He is quite interested in her strength.
- Soryuin Akemi: One of the students from Koyo Girl's Academy whom Machio coaches. The two usually explain workouts and diets.
- Tachibana Satomi: A teacher from Koyo Girl's Academy whom Machio coaches. Like Hibiki, she has a crush on him.
- Uehara Nana: Nana is an old friend of his from elementary school. The two are occasional co-workers.
- Sakura Ibuki: Ibuki is a friend of his from high school.
- Harnnold Dogegenchonegger: Harnnold is his mentor from his time in the USA. They lost contact with each other after separate incidents where their phones were destroyed. The two plan to compete against each other one day.
- Utsunomiya Koharu: Koharu is a co-worker of his from another Silverman Gym branch. The two get along and respect each other.
- Toyoda Tadakatsu: A ghost that tried to attack him. Sealed at Brawny Meat Temple, the evil ghost was "exercised" by Machio and purified. Tadakatsu developed an adoration for him and joined Silverman Gym. He is unaware Toyoda is a ghost.
Notes & Trivia
- His full name is a pun on the phrase "let's get macho" (マチョなるぞ, macho naruzo).
- He charges $50 per hour for his personal training services.
- He has appeared in a Silverman Gym commercial with Julius Reinhold.
- After the summer comiket, where he cosplayed as the Muscle King from "Lifts of the North Star", Machio became hooked on cosplaying.
- Due to being the head priest of Masura Shrine, he is known by the name "The Great Muscle God" (マッスル大明神, Massuru Daimyōjin) by others in his trade.
|Koyo Girl's Academy|
|Students||Gina Boyd • Hoshina Eimi • Matsuda Kei • Sakura Hibiki • Soryuin Akemi • Uehara Ayaka|
|Teachers||Aina Rumika • Kure Yakusha • Tachibana Satomi|
|Trainers||Machio Naruzo • Utsunomiya Koharu|
|Others||Background Machos • Jason Sgatham|
|Athletes & Coaches||Uehara Nana|
|Students||Kristal Gerson • Reioji Ai|
|Miscellaneous||Deire Kutaro • Harnnold Dogegenchonegger • Prime Minister Petin • Sakaguchi Mei • Sakura Ibuki • Toyoda Tadakatsu|
|Sandroverse Cameos||Adam Dudley • Gaolang Wongsawat • Himuro Ryo • Ivan Karaev • Kaneda Suekichi • Komada Shigeru • Kure Karla • Kureishi Mitsuyo • Meguro Masaki • Murobuchi Gozo • Okubo Naoya • Ozu Toshio • Rihito • Sekibayashi Jun • Soryuin Shion • Tokita Ohma • Yamashita Kazuo|