When Hibiki arrives at Silverman Gym, she notices that Akemi is staring at the training room. Machio explains to them that during prime time, there is an influx of regular and new members working out. Machio instructs Hibiki and Akemi to try the chest press machine. When prime time ends, Ayaka unexpectedly shows up and Hibiki thinks that she has left her gym. Ayaka reveals that her gym is taking in newer members and the Silverman Gym asked her to teach boxing.
The next day, the trio wants to work out at the gym, but it's closed. They then head to other places, but they're closed as well. Akemi suggests that they go to her house instead. Hibiki and Ayaka are stunned when see Akemi's mansion, who explains to them that she lives there with her sister. Akemi then finds a training manual created by Ozu Toshio. Ayaka wants to try an exercise from the manual: dips. Later, Hibiki attempts to do an enhanced version of dips, but she inadvertently breaks the chairs they were doing them on and ends up apologising to Akemi.
For the rest of summer break, Hibiki, Akemi, Ayaka and Satomi decide to go to the beach. However, they see a sign that forbids swimming due to sharks. Akemi suggests that they should try burpees. This is then followed by Ayaka suggesting that they go beach running.
Machio's Muscle Lessons
How to use Chest Press Machine
- Isolated training of the chest muscles.
Ozu Toshio's Lessons
How to do Dips
- Suspend yourself in the air.
- Now make sure to bend forward slightly.
- Bend your elbows, and slowly lower your body.
- Lift yourself back to your starting position.
- Avoid relying on momentum.
- Swinging ruins your sense of stability and decreases resistance by half.
- If you cannot do normal dips, do them with your feet on the ground.
- Trains the triceps brachii.
How to do Burpees
- From a standing start, crouch down with both hands on the floor
- Assume a plank position like the start of a push up.
- Now, you can perform a push up if you want, and then return to the crouch and back to the standing position.
- You can also jump at this point for added benefit.
- Repeat as fast as you can for an intense cardio workout that works your entire body!
- Full body exercise that also works on cardio.
Notes & Trivia
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|